sideways

chris, can you drify your narrow boat?

do trucks have locked diffs?

drifting something like that would be easy as it would be like a pendulum, all the weight at the front without the 44 ton load over the back wheels.

I can make my front wheel drive Passat 'power slide' in the snow with deft flicks of the handbrake / accelerator.

on greasy roundabouts, I could get a front wheel drive mondeo to 'lift off oversteer' at fairly low speeds making it 'drift' rwd stylee.

Gawd do I miss rwd cars....

lewis1641":f6onus3g said:
chris, can you drify your narrow boat?

You can't do anything else if your vehicle weighs 12 tons and has a 15hp engine.

Do you remember the floods in 2007? This bloke banged on my door. "You need to move now", he said, "get into the lock where it's safe". So I started moving, but I was getting sucked sideways towards the weir next to the lock, and the boat wasn't powerful enough to keep me away. I eventually got past the weir, but there was a £300,000 gin palace moored up right at the end. So reversing as hard as I could, because a my steel, 12 ton narrowboat could easily make a hole in a tupperware boat.

Jumped off with engine reversing and tied myself in. Stranded there for about 10 days, had to be transported into town by Land Rover.

My one and only attempt at extreme boating.

Truck racing at Lydden Hill back in the eighties (does that make it retro?). Didn't stack it either:

main.php

I saw some truck racing on the telly , looked amazing , far far better than formula moan . Three wide into a turn is what you want to see from circuit racing .

do trucks have locked diffs?

Good question . I saw a truck have to make a tight turn in town a few days ago and the rear wheels were skipping over the tarmac . If there's a slipper then it mustn't have much slip .

Back