Smeg oven not working - HELP! Repair in Bristol B4 Xmas?!?

DoctorRad

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Our Smeg oven has stopped working, and I'm not convinced it has worked since there was a power cut in the last week. This seems to be a common problem, but I've not found a solution on the net which works.

Small oven / grill is working, oven light works on large oven, but thermostat light only flickers when main control is moved and oven not heating up.

Timer seems to have been reset properly after the power cut, and oven is not in demo mode.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know anyone who might be able to repair it in the next 24 hours in Bristol?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt...

Our smeg has been nothing but trouble. It is an A2. Thermostat problems have dogged it. Even now if you put it on full temp on the main oven it will cut out.

I would suspect your thermostat... I know it doesn't help much but you might need a repairer that carries the correct tool to crimp the harness. I remember that a totally competent local repairer couldn't do mine (I think it also had some harness issues) and I had to get an engineer that Smeg UK recommended to me.

I know it's getting late, but I'd be tempted to ring Smeg UK in the morning and explain your predicament... I assume the Bird won't go in the little oven!

http://www.smeg-service.co.uk/

These guys claim to be auth Smeg spanner monkeys...

Another thing - you mention the timer is OK, you have reset the time haven't you. From memory the main oven won't work unless you have...

Nailsea electrical and gas on gloucester road are a SMEG dealer... they may be able to point you the right way?

Hope your xmas meal turned out ok

BTW Everyone I know who has had Smeg units has had serious reliability problems with them, get Neff or Miele

rosstheboss":2wh3mnah said:
BTW Everyone I know who has had Smeg units has had serious reliability problems with them, get Neff or Miele

Get the cheapest one possible that looks ok and spend the rest on retro toys! :roll: ;)

Seriously though, hope you ate well on Christmas day. :D

Back