F1 Toyota

yes,it is a shame,i had hopes for them,they didnt make that much of a splash but its still a shame to see them go. Maybe another little homegrown team,a la Arrows,will step in?

from what i gather they may be required to race wether they like it or not.

apparently they are contracted to race till 2012.

all will become clear by march next year when the new season kicks off.

Looks like Renault's days are numbered too.....

From Autosport.com this afternoon

Renault is also holding an extraordinary board meeting to discuss its future plans today. Although the indications are that the French company is committed to F1, Toyota's decision to pull out could give Renault an opportunity to follow suit if it wished.

Backs up a rumour that I heard last week.

On the bright side Toyota are going back to Le Mans with a GT2 car in 2010 and probably a hybrid engined LMP1 car in 2011 :cool:

From Dailysportscar.com

Aside from the on-track action Jean-Claude Plassart, the ACO President, and Pierre Fillon, Vice-President, met with representatives from the major Japanese manufacturers at Okayama:

Jean-Claude Plassart:

"The Japanese car manufacturers wanted to know the Le Mans prospects in the medium term. They asked us a lot of questions about the regulations, and that means they already have a few ideas in mind.

"All of them have raced in the Le Mans 24 Hours at one time or another, and we feel that they are ready to start again.

"Our discussions were mainly about new energies, hybrids in particular, in which one manufacturer- and it’s no secret - has already made a very heavy investment.

"They saw that the ACO, which, I’d like to remind you, is a club, was able to organise great races so far away from its base with twenty-three cars at the start including ten Japanese teams.

"It’s a very important point for us and during the Okayama weekend we were bombarded with questions about the future Intercontinental Trophy, which seems to interest everybody very much. There too it’s a great future perspective. We’re going to need another few weeks’ work to think about it, prepare it and we’ll announce things when the time is right."

Khane":1518az0m said:
from what i gather they may be required to race wether they like it or not.

apparently they are contracted to race till 2012.

all will become clear by march next year when the new season kicks off.

They may just get a fine. Which may be a lot less than the cost of staying in F1 :?
Now who am i going to support :? I do like the red bull drink :LOL:

It's doesnt look healthy for Formula 1 at the moment, three major teams packed up within 12 months, Honda, BMW and Toyota, now it's possible Renault might join them. Going back six months when we had the dispute with Max Mosley with the teams about spending limit budget and cost saving, maybe Mad Max was right afterall.

I hope Formula 1 will survive and Robert Kubica derserve his place in F1 as he just signed for Renault a few weeks back, it would be a shame if he wasnt in F1 next year. I also hope Kimi Raikkonen price himself out of a drive as he still asking crazy money for his services beside Ferrari is still paying his contact next year!

And silly Bernie to retire, getting bored with his threats and slagging off at the British GP all the time, there should always have a British GP as most teams are british based and we have the highest fan base in the world, it's always packed out at Silverstone with hard core fans, F1 made Bernie a billionare, how about giving some help back to Silverstone and the loyal fans, he is british afterall!

It looks to me that Toyota made an all out play for Raikkonen... when that deal went belly up they withdrew...

Always been Toyota's problem - iffy drivers. Schumacher (the wrong one), De Matta, Trulli - I could go on!

ringo":1lpr5g4s said:
It looks to me that Toyota made an all out play for Raikkonen... when that deal went belly up they withdrew...

Always been Toyota's problem - iffy drivers. Schumacher (the wrong one), De Matta, Trulli - I could go on!

True, they didnt pick good choice of drivers and paid far too much for some of the drivers they had in the past, especially Ralf Schumacher, I believe he was getting 10 millions per year before getting the push, what did he do at the end of his career? not much really.

guybe":3vtwgham said:
ringo":3vtwgham said:

True, they didnt pick good choice of drivers and paid far too much for some of the drivers they had in the past, especially Ralf Schumacher, I believe he was getting 10 millions per year before getting the push, what did he do at the end of his career? not much really.

:shock: They could have sacked me for half that :LOL: Trulli had good days, just not many :(

Back