Tunes for turbo training

You don't say what music your into to help you choose, but i like to listen to System of a Down/Toxicity. Most of the tracks are good for sprinting because it can be nice and melodic to do some good revs on then it all goes mental for about 30sec ish which is good to sprint as hard and fast as you can and then back down again. Also some 3min songs are just mental to really get those legs turning. I would avoid Beyonce!!!

Well, I have a few as my "seed" tracks and tend to use iTunes Genius to build a playlist off that, but then there are tracks that remind me of other sessions

For example, Daniel Beddingfield "Gotta Get Through This" reminds me of circuit training.

Paul Oakenfold "Faster Kill Pussycat" reminds me of spin classes I used to do, and was the background to the TV show of a race I was in.

Massive Attack's "Angel" was in the car on the drive to another race and is more of a "build up" track

My housemate has got a bad habit of listening to Abba at full blast when she's on her cross-trainer ... apparently it's exactly the right speed for exercising!! Lol!! (By the way, please make sure that whatever music you choose ... the rest of your household likes it too!! Hahaha!! :LOL: )

For turbo tunes try podrunner, free dance download just pick your bpm and go :D If you can watch films the Rocky ones are great and an episode of 24 is good too.

Also if your really keen try some spinervals, dvd workouts, cheesy coach troy is a bit marmite but really good workouts.

Back