Singular Swift-Any Thought? 29er content

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So, after going back and forth and owning 2 SS 29ers in the past, I have decided after a year of racing my 26er to going back to a 29er.
Why you may ask?
I have raced and ridden for the past year 3 different SS 26er hardtails. 2 Kona's and 1 Dekerf. Now don't get me wrong, I love those bikes but at the last MTB race of this season I decided to race my Kelly Knobby X because they had made the race course more "cross" friendly. It was about lap 2 that it hit me, a 29er really does make sense and they work.
They track great, are quick and if greared right climb like a goat. So....I have been on the hunt for one and came across a stunning baby blue bike from Singular. There is one shop in the US that sells them and knowing that Singular is a UK co I thought I would ask if anyone has had any experience with them.
Thanks!

GearlessinSeattle":2a267t9e said:
So, after going back and forth and owning 2 SS 29ers in the past, I have decided after a year of racing my 26er to going back to a 29er.
Why you may ask?
I have raced and ridden for the past year 3 different SS 26er hardtails. 2 Kona's and 1 Dekerf. Now don't get me wrong, I love those bikes but at the last MTB race of this season I decided to race my Kelly Knobby X because they had made the race course more "cross" friendly. It was about lap 2 that it hit me, a 29er really does make sense and they work.
They track great, are quick and if greared right climb like a goat. So....I have been on the hunt for one and came across a stunning baby blue bike from Singular. There is one shop in the US that sells them and knowing that Singular is a UK co I thought I would ask if anyone has had any experience with them.
Thanks!
I've heard only good things about them :)

Rocker9455":ir1486kv said:

Me too.

I was supposed to meet Sam from Singular for a test ride, but we picked a date when the city was crazy busy with tourists, so we never managed to meet up.

There are a few posted on MTBR, I think.

Sam is a very helpful guy. I suggest emailing him any questions, particularly if you plan on changing the rigid fork, just to see how the geometry compares.

Most of the ones I've seen on www look fantastic.

DM":2nzgfmx9 said:
Rocker9455":2nzgfmx9 said:

Me too.

I was supposed to meet Sam from Singular for a test ride, but we picked a date when the city was crazy busy with tourists, so we never managed to meet up.

There are a few posted on MTBR, I think.

Sam is a very helpful guy. I suggest emailing him any questions, particularly if you plan on changing the rigid fork, just to see how the geometry compares.

Most of the ones I've seen on www look fantastic.
when i have a decent job and can afford bikes, a singular peregrin built up singlespeed with midge bars is very near at the top of the list. . . :D

Latest posts

Back