Tony Larson 'Eames furniture series' skate boards

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just seen Ibelieveinfixies post on the prodigy vinyl :cool:

I've been trying to research some info/ value on these decks as they are gathering dust in the back of a cupboard......

Any of the retro massive know any more about these.

Missing the Eric Koston but have all the others in mint condition. No camera at moment so pic sourced from the web!

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• girlskateboards.jpg
    girlskateboards.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,403

I've got a few mid 90's Powell Peralta nos decks. Prices are low at the moment, i'd sit on them for a bit longer if I were you.

I have a rather battered Jeff Grosso 'Alice' (in wonderland) deck, I wish I'd have kept it mint as it's now quite rare, not that I'd sell it

Thanks for all your replies so far. :cool:

A bit of history on how I aquired these decks......
1997. Graduated from University with a degree in furniture/product design and had always liked the Eames pieces/50's design.
Forward to 2003 and I'm working in Cologne when the furniture expo is on.
There was a shop on the 'ring' that was selling Vitra/Eames furniture. Had some money burning a hole in my pocket but realised I was still a long way off affording anything....let alone being able to get it home. Wandering back through the neumarkt, I found a skate shop with a set of these decks behind the counter. I think I offered about £250 for the set.
Had them up in the stairwell for several years before taking them down as my ex said it was too ' bachelor pad ' :LOL:

I don't think I'd sell (unless the price was right!) as they are really nice items. They go well with the 'flying ducks'!

Some nice decks mentioned. I think like anyone into retro, there's collectors out there for most items. This one probably would appeal to Eames collectors as well as skate/graphic/culture fans.

Thanks again, i'll keep you posted. :D

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

dyna-ti":2bwqxfiu said:
Check with member Defiant, i think he used to work for Vitra/eames

correct, i did

These boards are cool!
I have the stickerset ;)

(and some of the furniture in real ! ;) )

Attachments

• Eames.jpg
    Eames.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,319
Defiant":1ao50ysx said:
dyna-ti":1ao50ysx said:
Check with member Defiant, i think he used to work for Vitra/eames

correct, i did

These boards are cool!
I have the stickerset ;)

(and some of the furniture in real ! ;) )

Cheers defiant/ dyna-ti. That Eames chair looks great..... cool appartment too.
I haven't got enough space in my house..... one day though I'll get one. :cool: There was a stickerset for sale recently on ebay.com

Do you know if my decks were produced under licence from Vitra/Eames?

I've been trying to research some more and I did a google image search for skateboard furniture...... found these :cool:

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• skatefurniure4.jpg
    skatefurniure4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,282
  • skatefurniture3.jpg
    skatefurniture3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,282
  • skatefurniture2.jpg
    skatefurniture2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • skatechair1.jpg
    skatechair1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,282
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i do not think it was under licence of Vitra because they have only the rights for Europe.
In the US that is Herman Miller and i guess the skateboard brand is US based (i do not know but i think it is)

Latest posts

Back