Windows 10 drivers

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
Hello chaps!

Happy Xmas!

I've recently updated to Windows 10 and after a few weeks of being vaguely frustrated by a lack of certain functionality, it turns out my laptop doesn't have the correct drivers for Win10 and Samsung won't be releasing any in the near future! Is there any where I can working drivers? I have a Samsung RF711, spent a ton of money on it a few years ago (i7, bluray drive etc) and am a bit miffed that half of the better Win10 features won't work! I've been onto Samsung and they aren't helpful at all...

Thanks in advance

Ross

Re:

For day to day stuff it is fine, but when I want to open apps or install programs from a disc, I can't!

Re:

Can you find out the actual hardware manufacturer and see if the have a windows 10 driver?

I have enough trouble with white van drivers.........

Quite mild here, just a fleece I think.

Same here, spent big on an i7 dell who are not supporting windows 10 for my version. Massively annoying and I only realised after the 30 day window (pardon the pun) after which the windows update removes you ability to go back to your previous windows version without starting from scratch. Good luck, I'm giving up and looking for a cheap new laptop in the sales.

Buy windows 7 disc and a new big hdd for i7 pc, then buy a caddy for original hdd and use it to transfer important stuff plus backup. Or dual boot as already mentioned

I could just go back to image of the laptop I have somewhere, but time is money and all that, probably cheaper to get a new laptop in the sales.

Re:

Drivers for what? Ive been messing about putting together 3 skip find pc and installing vista, win 7 and 8 as well as various graphics cards and not have issurs with drivetd apart from one old (2007)dell with win 7, later os have drivers included.

Could be that win10 is different, do you have drivers for previous os , could try using those?

Some graphics card drivers aren't being updated by Dell for windows 10, others too according to dell support, depending on which model/age of item.

Back