Broadband help please

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
I live in a rural location with very poor mobile reception but good Broadband - approx 7.5 mpbs as a rule. This week this has dropped to around 2.8 mpbs on average 2.3 mpbs at worst. Why? I have swapped routers but it makes no difference. All of a sudden performance is back in force why?

BT HIGH SPEED Fibre is in the village. The Exchange is enabled. The green box is enabled. 4 of my neighbours have it however 4 of us on a spur can't get it. Why? we are all the same distance from the exchange / green box.

The service provider doesn't know / can't get an answer from BT Wholesale. BT wholesale won't deal with individuals so how do you find out what is going on?

Blimey strong medcine doctor - thank you. But which is worse awful broadband or having a twitter account?

Re:

Yup, moan like hell.

Most likely they need to renew the 'infrastructure' (cables to you and me), and as there are only four of you, the cost outweighs the benefit... to BT.

OfCom can also be quite handy, especially as even at the best of times, you appear to be below the minimum speed the Govt. has promised.

On one side of our street it was 37 megatrousers. On my side, it was 0.9 to a blistering 1.8 megatrousers at best - a rant at Open Reach-around via twatter had sorted quicker than a quick thing thats quick.

Re:

A company I worked for decided to use their own internet provider, my business line was with BT.

I requested the whateveritis code that allows the new provider to ... provide and BT ignored me, my e-mails, my phone messages, the lot (didn't think of twatter).

After a month of this I spoke to a nice lady at OfCom and made a complaint, got an e-mail within 24 hours and the code thereafter, as apparently, you have to be provided with the code in seven day, by law.

Back