Delivery from USA..really taking its time

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Afternoon team...

Back on the 27th Feb i purchased 2 helmets from US.. seller was new to ebay..but after some email/messages being exchanged they were sent on the 03rd March. Tracking number was given to me but says when using USPS site all i get is "USPS Tracking™ is unavailable for this product for UNITED KINGDOM."

Why give a tracking number when you cant tell if its left the US.????, i can understand about not tracking in U.K....but no info on leaving US :roll: :roll:

Any advice or pearls of wisdom :(

Ernie :(

Was it actually sent using a tracked/insured service? It's cheaper (for the seller) to send it untracked.
If it was sent ground mail, not airmail, then I was quoted 6-9 weeks for delivery to the UK ...

Have you contacted the seller to ask if they know what's going on?

If you're not happy with what's going on then open an eBay case as soon as you can.
I've opened a case before and then several weeks later the item arrived on my doorstep!

You're better off being the cynic and covering your own arse in all matters relating to eBay.

jimo746":rldqj0ir said:
Was it actually sent using a tracked/insured service? It's cheaper (for the seller) to send it untracked.
If it was sent ground mail, not airmail, then I was quoted 6-9 weeks for delivery to the UK ...

Have you contacted the seller to ask if they know what's going on?

If you're not happy with what's going on then open an eBay case as soon as you can.
I've opened a case before and then several weeks later the item arrived on my doorstep!

You're better off being the cynic and covering your own arse in all matters relating to eBay.

Afternoon Jimo, :cool:

Yes i have spoken to the seller..I/we agreed to open a "case" on the 30th March..that has given the parcel a month/4 weeks to turn up.

thanks for the info and input it is appreciated :D

Ernie ;)

Re:

I've known somethings to be held up in customs and parcel force whilst they work out how much they want to rob you of.

Re: Re:

KDM":mivc6dk1 said:
I've known somethings to be held up in customs and parcel force whilst they work out how much they want to rob you of.

Cheers KDM...

Spoke with paypal..they said to start /escalate/report..I said i would wait until 29th as i go away on the 30th.. As jimo says it could take another 6 weeks...the only worrying thing is that the tracking number couldnt even trace the leaving date from U.S.A.

Thanks any way bud :cool:

Ernie ;)

Re:

Is it being sent by USPS? I've had issues with their tracking to the UK before.

Edit: just 're-read your first post :facepalm: it could just be USPS syndrome... :LOL:

Re:

Doesn't seem hugely long wait
Have you tried inputting the Tracking number into the Parcelforce tracking search, that works.
Oh hang on, is that USPS or UPS
Give it a go if you haven't already

jimo746":34x17ql2 said:
Is it being sent by USPS? I've had issues with their tracking to the UK before.

Edit: just 're-read your first post :facepalm: it could just be USPS syndrome... :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: no worries bud..still waiting

again thanks for the input

Ernie ;)

Harryburgundy":3l8ncbf3 said:
Doesn't seem hugely long wait
Have you tried inputting the Tracking number into the Parcelforce tracking search, that works.
Oh hang on, is that USPS or UPS
Give it a go if you haven't already

Evening Carl..tried all that mate ups and usps..still waiting though..

thanks again
Ernie ;)

US delivery has gone all kaput, i remember 10 years ago ordering a pair of trainers from San Fransisco at lunchtime and getting them the next morning on standard postage, customs appears to be the problem with waits of upto 8 weeks not unusual.

Back