If you are into Hifi from the olden days...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The hifi fairy has dropped their load at my house again

Quad 405-2, quad 44,

Quad FM2 (the valve one)

Saba valve receiver

Thorens TD-125

Technics SE M100 (google it - bonkers)

Kenwood KA 2500 and a KA-990v

Not one but TWO pairs of Wharfedale Isodynamic D1 headphones

Goodmans Magnum K2 speakers

And, if I want them (ie, can afford them) some B&W DM70

DM70C_main.jpg

Re:

Those look great. I've had a pretty basic NAD amp and Mission speakers (upgraded to Linn Axis turntable though) since my 17th birthday (which was... errr.... a long time ago) and itching to upgrade, but don't know to what - all vinyl listening.
Those speakers would win on a purely aesthetic basis though!

Re:

ID1_1.jpg

Like these but not busted? My dad had those along a Thorens TD 160 and Metrosound Amp. Still has the big old Tannoy III LZ speakers valued in 4 figures last time I looked.

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":3lpcpcs2 said:
ID1_1.jpg

Like these but not busted? My dad had those along a Thorens TD 160 and Metrosound Amp. Still has the big old Tannoy III LZ speakers valued in 4 figures last time I looked.

Thems the fellers

The DM70's will need extensive restoration work. The bass drivers will need a refoam at least.

The Quad 405-2 is perfect but the 44 needs the attentions of Apache at North Hill Audio

The Isodynamics both need their adaptors as they can be run directly off speaker terminals or a headphone socket if the socket has enough ooomf.

legrandefromage":jusvmz24 said:
...The Isodynamics both need their adaptors as they can be run directly off speaker terminals or a headphone socket if the socket has enough ooomf.

We had to do the same with the Metrosound amp. The headphone socket did not provide enough volume so they were plugged in via a DIN adaptor to the secondary speaker output on the rear of the amp.

Really annoyed my Mum if you left it unmuted overnight, in the middle of the night the speakers would start playing back every pop bang and squark that the electrical circuits were picking up off the fridge and central heating. Also had a habit of picking up CB radio transmissions.

Back