iPhone 4s battery replacement

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
I have just replaced the battery in my iPhone 4s as the old one was complete pants!
Bought one from Amazon £9.95......thought i'd give it a go for a tenner!!
The only thing I've noticed is the replacement one is fractionally thicker thus making it difficult to reattach the back and also affecting the screen with very slight LCD touchy mark type things (technical term) because of the extra thickness inside the phone .
Basically..have any of you guys also replaced their iPhone battery but not had these problems, if so, where did you get the battery from?

I replaced the battery in an old iPod (remember them?) with one I got off Amazon for £8. It fitted fine, but was obviously made at 4.55 on a Friday afternoon, and looks like battery version of the Elephant Man. Anyway, it seems to do the business, but like yours, the LCD screen is now all liney and doesn't really work any more, although music seems to play fine. I'm also terrified it will explode at any second, to the point I haven't used that iPod for months.

So, all in all, a good purchase.

Re:

I replaced the battery in a friends iPhone without any problems, I think that was a 4s. In any case, I bought a kit from Ebay which included a special 5 lobe torx driver to open the case.

I'm not sure it was this seller, but this looks like the kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-iPhone- ... 1721059471

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I sent them a message saying what the problem was and they sent me another battery which has been fine. Didn't even ask for the other one back!!!

Back