twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
servicing forks.

i like taking them apart.
cleaning them up.
getting new parts fitted.
fresh oil and a healthy dose of stendecs.
then that first 'plunge' to get the juices flowing!

its just so satisfying.

:oops:

Re: Re:

RobMac":bdkgr3po said:
You sound like Nigella Lawson :mrgreen:

got some new seals for my zoochis today.
looking forward to slippin those on later and topping up the fluids ;)
[is that Nigella enough for you?]

Some original seals have been popping up of late on ebay. They were 32mm so i wasnt interested..
and theres an air seal valve thing up somewhere at the moment, in original marzocchi packaging of the era :?

This is probably the best time to buy things you may use in the future :? Some stuff has dropped completely off the board.
When its gone its gone and we'll be stuck cannibalizing one part to complete another.

Its like a dystopian movie :shock:

im just coming up against a problem, cant figure out why my forks have 'lost' travel during the service.
Marzocchi MX comps 04. air sprung... then exposed stanchions measured 100mm before the service, but now they measure 80? wat gives? do i need to pump air into them to make up the last 20mm???!!! never serviced air forks before...

Any internal spacers you could have put in a different position ? I dont know the internals of the later models :)

Re:

Not that I can see. Nothing taken off. Just let air out, oil out, reassemble, then find I'm 20mm short.
The damping rods aren't the same length though... One is shorter than the other, but I can't see how it can be adjusted...?

Back