Little known British Boutique Bike for this months BOTM

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi All

I know us Brits have taken a kicking of late with obscure BOTM winners coming from our cousins on the other side of the pond i.e the Otis Geezer etc in October and some members are up in arms about it

so I thought I chip my hand in and reveal this..... I'm told the design inspiration came via watching too many 1970 TV adverts featuring Dudley Moore for Volvo's the "Boxy BUT good Generation" and given that welder guy at Yeti and Uncle Doug at Manitou kept using tubes that crack this one would be up-engineered.

Although I can't find a catalogue in the archive section, Paint appears to be an optional extra :D
but given the frame is soooo beautiful I guess a Klein style flamboyant paint job would somehow seem in appropriate

please note this is a rider and still has the factory preproduction markings clearly visible on the fuselage .... a measure of good will for the factory rider from the design team :D

Hope you like it.... just hope I win now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mountain-bike ... _25wt_1348

Only two hours to go :D

Attachments

• boutique Bike.jpg
    boutique Bike.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 920
  • boxy.jpg
    boxy.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 920
  • boxy1.jpg
    boxy1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 920
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

sadly this is the Pre-Pro model and despite misleading addition of later decals to the re end
this is Strictly the early Single speed model,

but given innovation was high on the design adgenda it was future proofed by the factory in so much as they fitted a triple chainring crank and a rear mech :shock:

Re: Re:

sinnerman":lqky3zke said:
WHAT......its clearly a handbuilt Marin.

Carl

Originally I thought that, but after some digging I found out that the factory pilot was actually a guy by the name of "Martin"....
and the mechanic was a bit of a poor speller :shock:

r u sure, ...? im sure the americans invented headtube gussets and that has a BIG ONE.

and they always do everything bigger and better, I mean just look at fast food....!

Anyone for Mac Doogles...?

Re:

I stumbled across that on Ebay and was sorely tempted, but it is a very custom frame and there doesn't seem to be any means of adjusting the seat height. Clearly the designer made the frame and seat as an integral whole for a specific person and saved the weight of additional seat post length and binder.

Back