Mind Blowing Changes During My Lifetime!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
There is a parallel between the evolution of the mountain bike and the internet during my lifetime.

Here we are waiting to watch the Murray US Open game on a huge flat screen that seems to float in the air. My bro is here on Skype from the States, his wife is at the game.

My cousins are here too thanks to the internet, all chatting away online in the middle of our night from over in Oz.

My wife has given in and hit the hay in London, but we can amuse ourselves watching the goings on in the back yard as the foxes visit and the cats complain.

Serena has it, so soon up is one hell of a battle, we hope, to see Murray take his first major scalp for a hell of a long time.

I think it is too soon, but you never know what might happen. My bro meanwhile is asserting Vettel still has the goods and will regain his world title within the next couple of years. My mind floats back to Schumi's move to Ferrari and my argument he would win the title with them within a couple of years; laughed at that was!

The point is, I was playing text based games back in the days when Bjorg was flailing McEnroe. I never dreamed all this could be happening during my lifetime.

Thank goodness someone else did!

None of the techno mentioned is new tv dates from the 50s, telephone from the turn of the 20 centurg.
Computers fron the 50s
Only difference is it is faster more reliablr and internet is just the use of the aforemdntioned technologies used ib a novel weigh.

Imo the human race has more or lrss invented alk ther is, incluxing spelkchers (i am tapping on smart ohine hence bad words).

Re:

Agreed, but the accelerated evolution is quite amazing to me. Things really took off with the personal computer.

I have been there all the way along from the 70s, and the abilities of relatively cheap gear now really beggars belief.

The cheapness of stuff is mind blowing, e.g cree led lamps,

I mademy first pair but can get far better for a lot less.

Some electrical gadetry you get grom china in ebay, even poundland is eye boggling.

Back