dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Unabated it seems :facepalm:

The shortened version and run up to this point was
Looking for TV.

After huge deliberation i settles on the KDL42W653 or to be exact the KDL42W654. The difference is one has a black surround he others is silver.
Simple thing you might think but me being me cant let it go at that and therefore must see is there was and difference at all except for the colour
And a good thing im so pedantic on this.
The 653, i think the black uses a slightly different display panel from the 654 even though theyre a carbon copy of each other there was a difference
The 653 had reports of 'blooming' in the corners and the 654 as yet hadnt. The test(HDTV test) found that although the panel was made by the same manafacturer theyre different panels.
This is why you research till youre blue in the face.

Here comes the punchline

Ive left it so long that the 653 and the 654 for that matter.....Have been discontinued :facepalm:
And replaced by the Sony KDL42W706 Looked at depth at it and covered a number of differing reviews and so far it comes up as a single unit with all parts the same.
So as of today it was the KDL42W706

Then i spot this
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... nformation

Off for a double quick review :facepalm:
Anyone got the above 46" ? Care to review it

Ill have this ordered by Friday the 42 or the 46. I'd sure like the 46" due to my living room is about 21'x12' it wouldnt look out of proportion

Re:

That is lower end than the ones you were looking at. 46" works well for up to around ten foot, though a lot of those into home cinema insist on massive screens for even that distance. Been using the Samsung we bought for conservatory use temporarily in a 20 x 17 odds room with no problems, though it is at the side watching it from a 4 by 7 dining table for, er, 'conference calls', (Skype with the family in the US and such), and going through acres of digital pics. The Sony's are a class act generally, I am sure you will be delighted once you fetch one home.

Yeah, i hear what youre saying about the increase in size is just stretching it ,probably too much for the spec of the model:? When i first took to this hunt i was looking for a 39" just for those reasons.

Link isnt working LG :) But the decision has been made. Going fro the KDL42W705 2014 that replaced the W653 that i was looking at.

Although :LOL: i was in Currys today and theyve discounted the W653 to £449 and the W705 £529 The 653 is probably just the demo but ill check the specs again between them and if ifs only some basic additions like the extra hdmi sockets or another 'mode' then im such back in dilemma land :LOL:

highlandsflyer":3quc1odz said:
we bought for conservatory use

OOOh Hark at her :shock: The Conservatory
Is that just the door down past the Entrance Vestibule .Next to the Butlers Pantry?.

God no! The servants stations all reside in the basement level, well out of sight!

That 705 is an excellent choice. Just as good as the 829 I have been looking at in the 50" flavour. I wouldn't hesitate to snag that one.

At the end of the day, all the review sites are making comparisons based on spending hour upon hour with every single model.

They lose perspective and objectivity eventually, and see and describe massive differences that really are not there as described unless you look for them.

Many of these boxes sport the same panels, and with full tweak ability you can over ride most of their proprietary processing.

I cannot fault this Samsung at all. 30 minutes is all it took to get it flying with very accurate colours.

Great blacks too, and excellent contrast.

It copes with super light environments that no plasma could.

Get your Sony and take a break from the comparison/review sites.

That way lies madness.

dyna-ti":2onakx6g said:
OOOh Hark at her :shock: The Conservatory
Is that just the door down past the Entrance Vestibule .Next to the Butlers Pantry?.

No - it's in the east wing.

Quite clearly you got confused with the west wing. An easy mistake - anybody could have made it.

And Colonel Mustard did it, with the lead pipe.

Latest posts

Back