How can Santander repossess this house

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I can not believe how poorly and unprofessionally Santander and their solicitors conduct themselves.
A friend of mine is in court tomorrow regarding a repossession order on her home as the account is in arrears since the ex husband stopped paying the mortgage.
But the mortgage is subject to an on going Crown Court case as the ex husband forged her signature to obtain £59k in drawdowns without her knowledge.
Last week they called her to say the repossion order was withdrawn...a few days later they change their mind and she is back in court.

had a deal with them once;never again
but you can say that about any bank now;all thieves.
maybe need to go viral like the thread on the bike shop getting sued;
but I doubt it would bother a bank ;bad press

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank.

Give a man a bank and he can rob everyone

:facepalm:

Harryburgundy":3j8d5zfk said:
You are right...corporate bullies. After talking to the financial ombudsman apparently they always offer something over the phone...never in writing as they know they will recind the offer.
Santander act disgustingly and should be brought to account...and so should Huw Talfryn Walters. I sincerely hope the CPS go for a retrial.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ud-6777216
The trial seems to be ongoing, doesn't it?

May not be a good idea, nor helping anybody, to be making comments in a public forum whilst the trial is in progress. The press reporting what lawyers have disclosed, or what's said in a trial is one thing, but knowing somebody on the inside, and making public comment is another.

I appreciate what you are saying...but I have not said anything that could prejudice a retrial if that happens. The repossession and trial are separate issues although clearly linked.

I may be simplifying the situation, but if the mortgage doesn't get paid, the people that lent them the money can sell the house to pay off the remaining debt.

Kestonian":5o0brhoi said:
I may be simplifying the situation, but if the mortgage doesn't get paid, the people that lent them the money can sell the house to pay off the remaining debt.

As this, someone still has to pay

Santander being a Spanish entity is probably virtually broke so resorting to all kinds of under handed tactics to remain solvent. A bank to stay well clear of in terms of financial capacity......

Nob":38b5u3za said:
Santander being a Spanish entity is probably virtually broke so resorting to all kinds of under handed tactics to remain solvent. A bank to stay well clear of in terms of financial capacity......
It's a good job "probably" isn't proxy for "the truth".

Are you convinced no other banking instituition be they British, or some other country of origin would behave in some entirely different manner?

Must just be those underhand, "broke" Johnny-Foreigner type companies that would be so dastardly.

Back