House Of Flops

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
'House Of Fools' is the new sitcom from past masters of the absurd Vic and Bob, or Reeves and Mortimer if you prefer.

We watched the first one last night and, as drunk and stoned as I was, I just didn't get on with it.

I love the actors involved, but I just don't see why V&B have let themselves down like this. Have things degenerated to this low point thanks to the staleness of comedians like Sarah Millican and the like? What is going on with comedy, is it the recession? Why would the BBC allow such low quality programming to be aired? Are they scared Reeves? I know you read this you idle fop.

When I saw the subject, I thought this was referring to Spacey in the remake of House of Cards (which I've thought was rather good...).

I was never hugely taken by them, BITD, with their own show. I could watch Shooting Stars, but thought the schtick with Lamarr kind of wasted his acidic wit - see Buzzcocks - it would have been better if he'd not have had to stick to some typecast.

That said, I though Moir did a decent job in the drama about Morecambe and Wise.

I would have taken you for the kind of chap who would appreciate more of their early work. For me Vic and Bob are right up there with Cannon and Ball.

Wasn't totally blown away, but in the past they have cracked me up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWPo9j8O4I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw2CsBz_cKY[/youtube]

:D

Honestly, I thought it was classic Vic & Bob.

Repetitive, boyish and a bit obvious.

Sorry to the vic and bob fans, but it struck me that this was no better/worse than their older work.

Those nuggets should have been barred from TV years ago. Not funny then, not funny now.

Wacky bollocks.

My_Teenage_Self":1ckd1emp said:
Honestly, I thought it was classic Vic & Bob.

Repetitive, boyish and a bit obvious.

Sorry to the vic and bob fans, but it struck me that this was no better/worse than their older work.

Don't be sorry, not everyone likes tea either. Old nor new tea. :)

Back