People's Grand Tour #4, 5, 6

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As per last year, I will be attempting the People's Grand Tour again this year.

Basic Rules: Ride a bike, as much as possible in 21 days.
Log your hours / miles and dates ridden
Ride at least 10 days, then send in your results to the site to get a place on the general classification.

Heres the site: http://www.peoplesgrandtour.com/the-201 ... -calendar/

This is the SE thread from the first one: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193240

Also, there is a Retrobike team on Strava, plus there is a PeoplesGrandTour Team, so if you send in your results with 'Retrobike.co.uk' then we get some sort of team mention as well!

Anyway, as you can see from the RB thread above people went and did this and it was certainly a little inspiration at the time.

Hope to see some of you join in :)

I don't seem to see how you register? I have a Strava account but not sure how to link it.

Tazio":281624zu said:
I don't seem to see how you register? I have a Strava account but not sure how to link it.

You don't have to register at all, if you are on Strava, you can go to the explore tab, select clubs and search for the 'The People's Grand Tour' club and join it, but you don't have to, it will just show your rides in that club and on the PGT homepage.

You have to log the following for yourself over the course of the events:

Name:
Club/team: (optional)
Number of days ridden:
Number of kilometres covered:
Time in the saddle: (in hours and minutes)
Metres climbed: (optional)
Longest single ride:

Easier done with Strava or similar because it logs it all. Then just post it on the PGT website or email it to the site on the contact page within a few days of it finishing.

Then, assuming you did 10 days, you get a GC placing and a PDF certificate you can print out and bore people with :)

If on Strava, also join the Retrobike club.

Cool, I think I'll give it a bash. It'll be mainly riding to work so no high placings but a good incentive to ride every day.

Tazio":1ixsicf2 said:
Cool, I think I'll give it a bash. It'll be mainly riding to work so no high placings but a good incentive to ride every day.

More days, higher placing.

And, its just riding a bike so no 'road only' or any of that, I try to use as many bikes as possible just to get some variety in there :)

Back