1988 Falcon K2 needs a new home

Jigbuster

Retro Newbie
Bought this new in 1988. Only had light use, rarely off-road, mainly round Lake District lanes, hence the mudguards and carrier. I commuted on it one summer (2001) but used it little since then. Cosmetically a bit scruffy but basically sound.

Not sure what the protocol is on this forum - get an idea here then put up for auction? Location could be a problem, as I'm in Windermere.

Tony

Attachments

• 1988 Falcon K2.jpg
    1988 Falcon K2.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 1,705
As a complete bike, I think that you would struggle to get more than about £50. If you choose to advertise in the 'For sale' section here, you need to give a fixed price - no auctions. Photos of the stem and seat tube sticker will help (double butter cro-mo, isn't it?). However, one or two reports on here suggest that these are surprisingly nice bikes to ride. Have you thought about taking the radical step of actually riding it more? :D

I quite liked mine, and would have another if the price/timing/location was right. I always wanted to do some upgrades to mine but ran out of space and sold it on... This one is wrong place and time so the price would have to be pretty special. ;)

I think I paid £25 for my old one in a fairly neglected state (eBay)...but complete and without damage.

Butted cro-mo from Pacific Cycles and no Shimano was harmed during the making of this bicycle - whats not to like?

might be worth a 9 hour round trip!

Think of the countryside views on the way up and down!

Thanks guys.

I'll give it away if you'd like to come and collect. Like you say, it needs riding.
Otherwise I'll put it on Freecycle locally.
Tony

legrandefromage":298lhcjf said:
Butted cro-mo from Pacific Cycles and no Shimano was harmed during the making of this bicycle - whats not to like?

might be worth a 9 hour round trip!

Think of the countryside views on the way up and down!

:facepalm:

Google maps reckons 10 hours. So realistically probably more like 12. And at least £100 worth of petrol, I reckon.

Train looks better. Faster and cheaper. That's a first.

I think the only way I could justify it would be as part of a holiday to the lake district. Which would be lovely. But...

I think someone more local should save it and experience the joys of K2 ownership! It's a very generous offer!

Back