Answer Manitou 4 in original box

Cucurutxo

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

how much, do you think, this Manitou 4 fork in its original box is worth?

The fork is in an awsome cosmetic condition an has had very little use. It also works great, but still has its original elastomers, so replacing them would be convenient.
The box is in great condition, looks like new.

P_20170707_171718_zpsw1dsgs37.jpg

P_20170707_171805_zpsbgtkzjgs.jpg

P_20170707_171827_zpsfczsikkj.jpg

Thanks,
Joan

probably not as much as you'd like, most of the ones sold usually need elastomers replacing so that isn't a deal breaker... whats the steerer dimensions? I think decent M4's seem to reach about 75gbp so maybe 100 and a bit? my guess and it may be hopelessly out.

Re:

It can be a time consuming messy job cleaning out the goo from the old elastomers, plus importing some from Suspensionforkparts.net isnt cheap. So assume £175-200 if it was working like new, then deduct the above costs from that.

Luckily old elastomers got hard but did not brake, they are not sticky and can be removed easily. Interior of the fork is clean and in great condition.
It was instaled on a size 19 94' marin nail trail and the steerer is 21 cm long with a 4 cm threading.
I more or less know how those forks sell, but was just wonderong if the box would make a signifficant difference.
By the way, I also have the original owners manual and the original hard and and soft set of spare elastomers.

Re:

If you get the right buyer they could be worth a fair amount.
I was in a similar position a month or so back so put mine up on ebay (didn't have a box and weren't quite as nice as that); they went for £175+postage to a guy overseas. In real money that's around £150 in my pocket; I think I was lucky as I've seen other pairs go for £50.

Back