Help me identify this Roberts frame

Mark Manley

Raleigh Fan
I have just bought this Roberts mountain bike frame off of Ebay and would appreciate some help identifying it. The frame number is from October 1993 and I think it might be a White Spider or a Genesis, it has two bottle mounts but no rack or mudguard mounts and is very light weight.
There is a ding in the seatpost tube but nothing that cannot be sorted and has come with black rigid forks, I plan to paint the frame all in white with black forks, possibly using BMW Alpine to match my R80G/S with a mixture of retro and modern parts, I will keep you posted.

006-L.jpg

007-L.jpg

009-L.jpg

Any joy identifying the frame? Looking forward to seeing the rebuild :)

Re:

I am fairly certain it is a Genesis and it is almost up together, possibly finished today and weather permitting a photo session to follow.

Re:

Here it is just back on the road, or track I suppose I should say, it is not completely how it will end up but getting there. To keep things simple I have tried out keeping the 8 speed cassette with just one chainwheel and there are enough gears for what I need around here, it also has,
USE seatpost
Brompton seat
XT hubs with Richley rims
XT mech
STX headset
LX nos brakes
LX cranks
Easton fatbar
The bike fits me better than the Orange P7 it is replacing and is very nice to ride.
018-L.jpg

020-L.jpg

Meeting it's housemate, a 2008 Roughstuff with slightly too long forks.
022-L.jpg

Out on the track, what a lovely day it has been in Devon but that water was bloody cold.
023-L.jpg

Back