1995 KHS Montana Comp - Project (Pics)

Big_Ads

Dirt Disciple
As a few of you know I recently bought this on Ebay. The intention is to give it a good going over, clean, grease, replace what I need to and get it running as a second bike.

So for I'm looking for a set of 1995ish Shimano Deore XT pedals (both cages are broken and the bearings completely shot) Anyone able to help?

Also, in a show of force.... I managed to shear the axle into two pieces :? . From the bikepedia it states that it's a Powertools front hub (all indications would say that it's still the same one!!)

Can someone suggest a replacement Axle?? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the wheel so would really like to think this can be replaced??

If I knew how to add pics I would :oops: Anyone willing to teach a dummy? (Edit - Dummy worked it out!!)

Cheers

Big_Ads

Attachments

• Axle.jpg
    Axle.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Axle 2.jpg
    Axle 2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,304
If you have no luck with geniune replacement parts, you could always try Weldtite replacement axles. They're usually standard lengths either solid or QR types, and cost something around a fiver (I think).

I have a KHS catalogue & price list from '95 if you want it (free for the karma) just let me know.

The front hub is a Powertools hub, the rear is a Shimano LX.

Back