My own personal holy grail.. pink MF Alu Pro

Cristian-T

Retro Guru
Hey guys..

Been looking for one of these since around 2006.. never seen one online, except one post on here years ago, which was just a frame pic. And then the guy vanished :facepalm:

Found it on FB market place.. 3hr round trip home by 11pm-ish, really happy. Totally original except from the saddle ! And maybe post.

Soon to be fully, professionally refurbished :cool:

Attachments

• 4CCBCCD4-405C-40A8-B6FE-7A292EE185A1.png
    4CCBCCD4-405C-40A8-B6FE-7A292EE185A1.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 666
Great. I had one of those. Bought from John Lewis sale. Made loads of changes to mine. The framed weighed 4lb the stem doesn’t look original from my memory

tintin40":1ywacaex said:
Great. I had one of those. Bought from John Lewis sale. Made loads of changes to mine. The framed weighed 4lb the stem doesn’t look original from my memory

That’s what I thought from the pics, but in real life, the stem has muddy fox stamped all over it !

Re:

That's cool, and looks in decent condition too. Are you keeping the Suntour XCE stuff? I always liked that groupset tbh.

Re:

She’s staying totally original :D

Once done, along with the rest, I’ll have a little museum

And then Ill sell the lot and buy a Countach :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !

perhaps a change later in design? Here is the ad.

Attachments

• muddyfox89aluminum_174.jpg
    muddyfox89aluminum_174.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 634
Re:

Omg that one single catalog pic started it all for me.. how many times have I poured over that !!

- Agree, must have been a pre production pic. The yellow stem on mine has muddy fox stamped all over it

First saw one in Kennet comp cycles in Newbury, then parked up outside the shops at my school.

My dad could only go to £400, so my first bike was the 89 Ridgeback 602lx.. which is in my loft.

Interesting story, I had an old pal Jeff Slade, come see me last week in my workshop, he was Muddy foxes first road rep! Had a few stories !

They only had one shipment of Pink Alu pros, hence the rareness

Re:

1992 silver/grey Orange Clockwork. Closest I’ve got was a snotty frame well past it’s best. Been searching for a decent one since 2007.

Back