Bontrager bars and post
DX hubs laced to Campag Atek rims
XT mechs and DX thumbies
DX cranks 24 36 48 Middleburn rings
Flite
Xlite q/r's, crank bolts and bar ends
Gold alloy bolts
DX SPD's

Not that light and a bit small for me but a very chuckable and fun winter retro ride, the orange is off for a respray tomorrow and will be rebuilt this winter with a XTR XT mix. Looking forward to it :D !

Awesome. Can I ask some things? I'm in the process of rebuilding my 94 Lava Dome... did you get new decals directly from Kona? I downloaded the 1994 sticker kit from www.konaretro.com and I was going to have them all remade through our local reprographics store.

For mine, I have the original project two fork, Velocity stem, and Kona handlebar. Plus, I found the original Sugino crankset at a garage sale last week. Stoked!

Sticky stickers

Hey there,

The decals are actually wrong for the year. A very nice frame builders called Argos Cycles in Bristol (england) painted the frame for me in funky powder blue and I asked them to fit contrasting graphic at their discretion. What they found were some in burgandy with the cream edging. But these are later than '95 I think.

If you look on e-bay there is a guy in england who sells bike frame stickers, search in sporting goods and put frame stickers and you ahould find his products. If not ask me and I will try and get you his e-mail address.

If no luck I am sure if you e-mail Argos they will try and help you, www.argoscycles.com
If nothing else it's worth looking at their gallery!

:D

Back