1997 Dekerf Team SL

donk

Devout Dirtbag
Another one I've owned since new. Got this as a graduation from university present to myself. Wanted one with the open seat stays, but tubing changed.

Frame: 1997 Dekerf Team SL
Fork: Bomber

Headset: Chris King threaded
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Easton EA 30
Grips: ODI Mushrooms

Brakes: Front – XTR V brakes
Brake Levers: XTR V brakes

Shifters: XT
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Cranks: Syncros
Crank Bolts – crankomatics
Bottom Bracket: Syncros
Pedals: Time ATAC

Hub Skewers: XT
Rims: Sun
Hubs: XT Rear / Mavic Front

Saddle: Selle San Marco Bontrager Ti
Seatpost: Thomson

Weight: About 26 lbs

Attachments

• dekerf2.jpg
    dekerf2.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,154
Re:

Well that was a good present, should last a lifetime. You never thought about getting the forks painted to match? Lovely green frame color, classy.

Re:

These are actually the third forks I've had. First were bam z1 in red. Then a set of mx pros now these. None have been painted to match.

As my primary rider it could use a repaint. If I do the forks will be done too. Maybe back to Chris this winter.

fork looks too modern for the frame with more travel than the geometry dictates. other than that, nice collection of components bolted on to that. :cool:

Re:

I think this fork has 80mm of travel vs the 60mm that the original BAM would have been. The angle of the photo also exaggerates the impact on the geometry. The bike handles very well with this fork.

Re:

To avoid starting a new thread, anyone have a suggestion for a good rigid fork for this bike or suitable axle to crown?

Ideally, I'd get a tuning fork made but they are a bit too much $$$.

Re:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vicious-Cycl ... SwXaRaPDzX

Thats what I would have if I had the money, I believe they are true temper steel and thats a nice long steerer for that frame, or budget I'd go with a Salsa cromoto 425mm. OR go for the colour matched Tuning fork and see it as an investment.

Cheers
Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I ultimately decided to get a tuning fork, now the question for the group - repaint the frame by Chris in the same colour, other period correct colour (tangerine or electric grape) or some other colour, what would you do?

It has now gone back to Chris for a repaint, frame is going to be the same green, fork and a custom modern era Paul Brodie stem are going to be electric grape. Decals are going to be a current version. Expect it to be back to me in 4-6 weeks.

Build plan, reuse as many parts as possible and likely do it as a resto mod/ drop bar style bike I can ride with my daughter for the next 25 years.

Back