1988 Marin Pine Mountain

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Well if you need an original seatpost,bars and headset for your own 88 Pine Mountain what's the best thing to do,go on eBay.Nope,you go and buy another one,well partial one :)

So what to do with the spare one,stick it in the loft and forget about it or did i let my Retrobike ocd kick in.

First pictures is what i started with and the parts to work with,it needed some tlc.

Finished photos will follow hopefully tomorrow if the weather's decent.

Attachments

• file-2-1.jpg
    file-2-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 959
  • file-3.jpg
    file-3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 956
Re:

Nice work Chris :cool:

Can't wait to see your other one.

Took me 2 years to find the right seatpost for mine and about the same for a nos Hatta headset. Bars I only found last week !

Re: Re:

Antstark":knsfqe0g said:

Took me 2 years to find the right seatpost for mine and about the same for a nos Hatta vesta headset. Bars I only found last week !

Cheers mate.

Yeah the parts are very hard to find for them,so is finding any info,catalogues etc do they exist anymore :LOL:

I'm glad i got this one off Kurt (cheers mate) saved a big headache,plus it's been giving a new lease of life for someone to enjoy for many more years.

Spanky22b":32x6mlbl said:
Antstark":32x6mlbl said:

Took me 2 years to find the right seatpost for mine and about the same for a nos Hatta vesta headset. Bars I only found last week !

Cheers mate.

Yeah the parts are very hard to find for them,so is finding any info,catalogues etc do they exist anymore :LOL:

I'm glad i got this one off Kurt (cheers mate) saved a big headache,plus it's been giving a new lease of life for someone to enjoy for many more years.

:D

Re:

No sun today and pretty much as soon as i got the bike outside it started to rain again :(
It's meant to be sunny tomorrow though :)

Attachments

• IMAG3980_1.jpg
    IMAG3980_1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 890
  • IMAG3983_1.jpg
    IMAG3983_1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 885
  • IMAG3978_1.jpg
    IMAG3978_1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 884
  • IMAG3984_1.jpg
    IMAG3984_1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 883
  • IMAG3982_2.jpg
    IMAG3982_2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 882
  • IMAG3982_1_1.jpg
    IMAG3982_1_1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 885
Minifreak":1igwggby said:
What a fantastic looking bike and a lovely job you've done. It's great seeing bikes rescued :)

Cheers Minifreak :D I had to rescue the poor thing and not let it rot away.

Racin'snake":31pcoaw1 said:
Looking great Chris....so glad another one has beed saved. Good work

Cheers Kurt i'm glad you like it mate.
Probably the toughest bit was getting as much of that dark silver paint off the frame,it was a bit of a mission :LOL:

Back