86/87 Ferraroli Jura

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

When I saw this one pop up in the local internet classifieds, it was on like anti-Monopoly: go directly to La Chaux-de-Fonds, do not pass this bike up, and do collect $200 on the way.

Here is a reference for how little the original paint had faded over almost 30 years.

It was more than a little rainy when I rode it from its former home to the train station.

Did I mention that I rode it without a seat and post? As a result, I did not need all of the aforementioned $200.

In any case, those looking for one of the earliest MTBs with neon/day-glo/fluoro paint, executed in a loooooong gradient fade, seek not further. If it was much brighter, it would need batteries.

Finding this one in the catalog meant that the other Jura which I had been restoring could take on a different paint direction. Hope to share more of that with you next year.

Cheers,
The Kid

Attachments

• JURA.jpg
    JURA.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 427
  • JURA 2.jpg
    JURA 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 426
  • JURA 3.jpg
    JURA 3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 426
  • JURA 4.jpg
    JURA 4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 426
  • JURA 5.jpg
    JURA 5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 427
thekidmalone":feci0opo said:
Hello everyone,

When I saw this one pop up in the local internet classifieds, it was on like anti-Monopoly: go directly to La Chaux-de-Fonds, do not pass this bike up, and do collect $200 on the way.

… and you didn't go to jail ? :mrgreen:

In this shape, a real time capsule ! :cool:

Latest posts

Back