Entry level Klein - Fervor XT.

exquisite_cycles

Dirt Disciple
My second Klein built for my wife (small frame, short stem, comfortable saddle and v-brake for safety).
It's an entry level model but after closer look is not different from Rascal which I have (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=332064)

More photos at http://www.exquisitecycles.pl/gallery/klein_fervor/
Photos by https://www.facebook.com/JacekSlonikPhotography

Frame: Klein Fervor

Fork: Answer Manitou 4

Headset: Tange Falcon FL250C (new)
Stem: Control Tech (anodized)
Handlebar: Race Face Air Alloy (NOS)
Grips: ESI Racer's Edge (new)
Barends: Tioga (NOS)

Brakes: Shimano Deore XT BR-M739 (front) + Onza H.O. (rear)
Brake Cables: Shimano M System (NOS)
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills (NOS)
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT ST-M739 w. TEC bolts

Shifters: Shimano Deore XT ST-M739
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M737 (NOS)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M737 w. TEC bolt
Derailleur Cables: Shimano (new)
Cassette: SRAM (new)
Chain: Shimano Deore XT CN-HG93 (new)
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT FC-M737
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Sugino aluminum ➡️ Race Face 44T
Chainring bolts: BICI (NOS)
Bottom Bracket: Klein integrated
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT PD-M735

Hub Skewers: Shimano XTR M950
Rims: Mavic X517 (NOS) ➡️ Mavic 217 SUP
Hubs: Shimano XTR M950 ➡️ Hadley GT
Nipples: DT Swiss brass (new) ➡️ DT Swiss aluminum
Spokes: DT Swiss 1.8mm w. DT Swiss washers (new) ➡️ DT Swiss Revolution
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite 2.10"
Tubes: Schwale XXLight

Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo 1980 (new)
Seatpost: Syncros Titanium

DSC2077net.jpg

DSC2088net.jpg

DSC2091net.jpg

DSC2103net.jpg

A very nice bike you have there.
But a little word of waning: You might encounter problems with that rear brake setup. Those Onza chillpills were made for 2mm diameter brake cables, but it seems you are using the now standard 1.6mm. Those will most likely slip out!

Thias":1x9270cz said:
But a little word of waning: You might encounter problems with that rear brake setup. Those Onza chillpills were made for 2mm diameter brake cables, but it seems you are using the now standard 1.6mm. Those will most likely slip out!

I didn't know that. Thanks for warning, but there is only a hole and grub screw - I don't see any risks when it's properly tightened.

I've got a used Chill Pill with a 1.6mm brake cable on my front end, and it's working just fine.

The problem is, that the one hole is too big for the brake cable. Ask an engineer ;)

I had that particular problem 2 times now. No matter how hard I tried to tighten the screw, the cable would eventually slip.

Re:

Great bike. I have the same bike for my wife, a 1994 Fervor in Nebula Green. I have never seen the paint job on your bike before. Looks great!

....and the Fervor is actually a Rascal, who used to be a Top Gun. All these frames are exactly alike. In fact; apart from the larger head tube and the lack of the UNI Klein fork and a larger MC1, the Top Gun/Rascal/Fervor is the exact same frame as the MC1 attitude.

So, these bikes are really good and highly underestimated.

Re: Re:

mkaavin":27lp571e said:
....and the Fervor is actually a Rascal, who used to be a Top Gun. All these frames are exactly alike. In fact; apart from the larger head tube and the lack of the UNI Klein fork and a larger MC1, the Top Gun/Rascal/Fervor is the exact same frame as the MC1 attitude.

So, these bikes are really good and highly underestimated.

If there isn't difference in geometry between Fervor and Rascal?

Small drivetrain changes in the first post :)

Back