Cannondale f900

fatboy888

Retro Newbie
I have lurked for a few years...time to make an intro! A few cannondales recently prompted me to take action!

My F900 owned from new. Originally purchased from Flying Ball in Hong Kong, an amazing place that was essentially a lock up garage, but stocking more Merlins and Cannondales per square inch than possibly any other bike shop around. Famed for being Dave Millar's hangout, when he was growing up in Hong Kong.
It was the 3rd bike I purchased from there. My first mountainbike ever was a Fisher HooKooEkoo, purchased when I was out there on a placement year. However that got stolen less than two weeks after returning to Britain in 1991. This prompted a purchase of a GT Karakoram in UK, which was ridden through all weather. I took it back to Hong Kong, as there were work opportunities there in 1994, which were lacking in UK at the time. Unfortunately, the bottom bracket had seized (due to having discovered Box Hill previously and not washing the bike down ever...) The usable parts got moved over to a DiamondBack Axis 1995 (pics later). But I quite quickly came round to the fat-tubed Cannondales that adorned the walls and floor of Flying Ball, and had to get one! Hence a lovely F900... I had a few of the stock items changed at purchase, notably the gripshifts changed to rapidfire plus, smoke and WCS tyres. fastforward a bit, got married, came back to UK, +3 kids and not a lot of biking. Sons now on mini-mountainbikes, so an excuse to dust the bikes off - probably a familiar experience to many here! Headshok still works like a dream, which a a bit more than can be said for the Judys on the Diamondback, but more on that in another post...

Here are the F900 specs:
Frame: CAD2 medium

Fork: Headshock fatty D 60mm

Headset: Cannondale
Stem: Cannondale 10 degree 120mm (flipped over now due to aged back)
Handlebar: X lite X-country
Grips: Yeti
Barends: none (originally control tech)

Brakes: Shimano lx v parallel at front; Avid V at rear (one is seized on, so staying put for time being)
Brake Pads: errrmmm
Brake Cables: ditton
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: avid speed dial 1.9

Shifters: xt rapidfire plus 8sp
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: LX
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: Shimano 12-28
Chain:
Cranks: coda
Crank Bolts: coda
Chainrings: coda
Chainring bolts: coda
Bottom Bracket: shimano un71
Pedals: shimano 323, rotate duty with 747

Hub Skewers: shimano
Rims: mavic x221
Hubs: lx parallax
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Onza porc 2.1 (original 90s, been in spares bin for a long long time) rear, WCS zmax Ritchey front 2.1 (original as well)
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Flite transalp
Seatpost: cannondale
Seatpost Binder: cannondale

Weight: 27lb incl saddlebag, bell, both original, so best to include!

Attachments

• hong kong 97.jpg
    hong kong 97.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,192
  • f900 2.jpg
    f900 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • f900 3.jpg
    f900 3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,190
Back