Santana Moda

the real post

and hopefully here is the real deal...

Here she is, recently out of hibernation. My first job was in a bike shop, and I spent the next 15 years working in the local shops.
I am dusting this ride off and going to have her painted and put back into service toting my two children around town.
She has quite a history, quite a few races including many laps of the original 24 hours of Canaan back in the day.
That is a White Industries Super Tracker Hub in the last photo but the flash hides the logo.
moda01.jpg

moda02.jpg

moda03.jpg

moda04.jpg

moda05.jpg

I'm trying to think of a nice way of saying this. thats an extremely rare & gorgeous frame ...thats spoilt by some of those parts! by a cheapo kona or something & use that for toting your children around town! that santana deserves a LOT better :roll:

Saw Point

Never seen anyone carry an electric saw around on the back of their bike, so for that, big respect!

Mr K

Did ya notice one of the chainring bolts is missing too? SIGH! Yeah I know - but that's what I love about riding it around. Not many people know what it is.
I do plan on keeping it utilitarian for the next decade or so, but will re-spec it with worthy components. I've a set of WTB cantis around here somewhere...Did anyone ever make a CNC thumbshifter? Paul did those derailleurs, but I don't think I ever saw a thumbie.

scant":f9y2bs3t said:
I'm trying to think of a nice way of saying this. thats an extremely rare & gorgeous frame ...thats spoilt by some of those parts! by a cheapo kona or something & use that for toting your children around town! that santana deserves a LOT better :roll:

no one to my knowledge tried to make a cnc thumbie, there are some cnc'd Paul's mounts so you can run 8/9 speed road shifters as thumbies though... there are a few cnc'd gripshifter stylee shifters...

Im really liking the Steely Dans :)

Its a fine collection of parts alright. Who or what were Santana?

Santana's are sweet. Good digging up nice stuff!

Super cool cranks! If the OP is around and you ever want to sell them, I'll be sure to give them a proper set of bolts!~!

yo-Nate-y":1qmiibhx said:
Santana's are sweet. Good digging up nice stuff!

Super cool cranks! If the OP is around and you ever want to sell them, I'll be sure to give them a proper set of bolts!~!

Why make a new thread if an old one might suffice. Besides, i'll be making a new 1990 Moda thread soon enough. Fillet brazed Max tubes is very sweet indeed.

Regarding the Steely Danz, what type of build would you put them to use on? I ask because I might know a man with a near NOS set, complete with original chain rings/bolts and BB. He just might be willing to give them up for the right project and price :cool:

Back