Ibis 1989 SS Kogler Special edition

Huelse

BoTM Winner
This is one of the bikes I own for the longest time since late '90s. One of my keepers since the geometry fits me so well.
In the beginning I was (nearly) only attracted by its colour, but later it became the bike that started my interest for this brand.
Actually, I liked it so much that I bought a second one in the same colour and same size more then 10 years later.

One bike I had already entered in BOTM, with a full Mavic VTT and flat bars.

P1010752.jpg

For the other one, I had used different Ibis LD stems over the years, to have a drop bar mtb. This is the latest build with IRD brakes, CK hs and XT 7sp.

I don't know how many frames of this edition were made, but I know 4 more of these bikes in Germany.
This is what separates the special edition for the German distributor Kogler from the "standard" SS models:
- brazed-on headtube reinforcement rings
- upper rack eyelets
- black colour with fine splatters in all rainbow colours
For these features usually you had to pay extra, back in the day. Another very special thing is that there is no "SS" decal. It is said that this was a wish from the distributor since "SS" has no good meaning in Germany (think about our history). But it could be done because of its semi-custom status, too.

Some home-studio shooting:

And in action!

One of my favourite bikes!

Latest posts

Back