Fritz's Revived Retro Fleet

fritz

Dirt Disciple
Heres a couple of my favourite and finished (ish) retro steeds,

Firstly the 97' Muni Mula, my favourite year she is running Pace Pro Class II's with an XT/LX mix, X-Lite ti-skewers, post & bars, Hope Ti Hubs and some elderly mavic rims with IRC treads. Newer Raceface headset, BB & cranks keep things running smoothly..

Secondly my Giant ATX One DH, it has an earlier front end (98' I think) with smaller geometry than later frames and luckily without any death cracks or signs of stress (the smaller, original rear end is almost ready to be put back on though - it had some bearing issues!). Not running completely retro by any means it has some 2005 Marzocchi Shivvers with XT running gear and modern E13 chain device, DMR cranks and Raceface Headset & BB. Some X-Lite Phatso rims (that I have abused for years) on modern DMR hubs with Hope Mono M4's & IRC Muds. Plush to ride and keeps up with the completely modern stuff.. hoping to ride him in the Alps.

Still to be finished are: a 99' ATX One DH, 99' (?) Raleigh DHO, 97' Kona Koa (Sticklegs old steed) & a Sidekick. A Burner is sitting in the garage awaiting its time to be loved again though.

Hope the pic's come out okay, not that great with computer wizardary..

Living the retro dream here in devon,

fritz :)

Attachments

• ATX ONE MUNI MULA LANDY.jpg
    ATX ONE MUNI MULA LANDY.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 2,620
  • atx one.jpg
    atx one.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 2,620
  • muni mula.jpg
    muni mula.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2,620
Excellent Alex,

Is that your Landy?

Love the Giant. Silly frame angles. :LOL: Think you should ride it on our meet. Just to keep up the tradiition of you riding inapropriate bikes for the job over the years. :LOL:

:shock: Mr Wu, Please don't call it a Landy. I work with Landrover's & it make me cringe when people say Landy... arrgghh!!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest :eek: :roll: I'll be ok now :?

;)

Latest posts

Back