1997 GT Zaskar

konaben82

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, when I was a teenager back in the 90s all I could ever do was dream about getting one of these....

Ok, so its a bit on the scruffy side :? thats ok, my friend mr wire wool and mr autosol will come to the rescue....also Im after some NOS decals as these are a bit tatty...

Watch this space for progress, shes going to be a stunner, I have some near mint Judy Sl's and some 1997(ish) XT bits...

PD1_1457.jpg

PD1_1456.jpg

PD1_1455.jpg

PD1_1453.jpg

PD1_1451.jpg

:cool: any ideas on build options welcome!

Nice, I have same in red.

Mine is single speed but going to go XT M738 throughout.

Get a kore stem on it!

Doesn't look like much, if any, chainslap from here which is cool. It'll come up even better than you believe; one of the reasons I love mine is that after after a month or so you whip a rag and some polish out and 'blazzam' it's magical again. :)

yep, its a 16, Ive been after one of these in this size/colour for ages and this finally came up on ebay the other week :cool:

it does look better in the pics than up close to be honest but I made a start on the top tube last night with some autosol and it came up almost mirror finish :D

Ive managed to get hold of some 97/98 Xt v brakes and STI units, middleburn crank, red FSA Orbit MX headset...xtr rear mech...

at the minute I have an azonic shortie which is about 100mm and azonic risers but yeah, a kore stem would definitely be on the wish list ;)

pics of components to follow.....

I also want to remove that bike shop sticker on the down tube and that 'bike pro racing' one on the top tube.....they are so stuck on there though....any advice on removing stickers without burning them off!!? :?

Hair dryer should make it easy enough. Then wipe off residue withwd40. Always works for me anyway.

Looking forward to the build up, will use it as motivation to sort my newly purchased Zaskar. Will closely look at the new decals as I think mine are not correct.

Latest posts

Back