My Yo and 2 Shock a Billy's

grd

Retrobike Rider
Here are some shots of my Yo Eddy before Cannock. It is a 93 Small/Medium in Wild Cherry. I've owned it since new and it has always been ridden. Spec is Judy Sl's, Royce front hub rebuilt into a Mavic 717, Syncros stem, Xlite Ti bars, XT front and rear mechs, 9 speed Sram cassette, Onza cantis, 93 XT crank arms (these are a temp replacement whilst I get my RS1 Middleburns fixed), Ringle Moby post, Tioga Disc Pro, and a Flite trans alp.
brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes108.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes110.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes109.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes112.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes111.jpg

This is my first Shock a Billy which is a 96 frame built in New York.
It has Judy sl's, XTR 950 gears, V brakes, and cassette. Middleburn RS 7 cranks and rings, Ringle stem and Moby post. A Fizik Gobi, but this is soon to be swapped for a Flite. Wheels are blue Hope hubs laced to Mavic 717 rims.
brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes104.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes103-1.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes105.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes106.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes107.jpg

and this is my latest Shock a Billy.
It's a 94, Sommerville bike with the AMP rear end, Risse shock, and AMP forks. The front brake is a Rockshox disc, the stem, post, bars, cranks and bottom bracket are Syncros, gears are M900 XTR, and the wheels are red Hope hubs on Mavic 231 rims. Rear brake is Grafton. Saddle is another Flite.
brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes115.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes116.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes118.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes117.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes119.jpg

url]

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes124.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes122.jpg

brandscortinacatsgrandbornandbikes123.jpg

FAT

If you want to make a present , I would like the grey one.....
I believe one of the nicest bike ever seen
FANTASTIC FULL SUSPENSION

3 stunning bikes you have there! :cool:

I think my favourite is the grey one, but the fact that many of the FS bikes available today look like blue one must be a testament to its great design :D

Did you buy the amp SAB off of a member of this site? i swear I've seen that built up on here a little differently before.

Yes, I bought it from a chap in Norwich during the summer who in turn had bought it from Dr S about a year ago.
The AMP fork takes a bit of getting used to. There is a bit of play in the bushes which slows the front end down some what. I have just tracked down a NOS one which I will fit over the next few weeks which I hope will sharpen things back up. As for the rest of the bike it rides really well. It climbs like my Yo with no noticable "bob" but the sting taken out of the trail.

I currently own 2 Yo Eddy's...modern with 1/8th headtube and older with 1 inch and love them both! However, I prefer the ride of the modern w/ suspension correction over the oldskool. Which of the Billy designs do you prefer? I would love to make a Billy my next indulgence and have always wanted a comparison of rear suspensions! Lovely bikes!!!!!

The AMP rear end has a more "racey" feel to it, and is a lot closer to the overall feel of the Eddy. The later design has a more plush feel and actually, the whole bike, with the riser bars, feels like a short travel version of my Ellsworth Moment. For designs of this age its amazing that neither has any noticable "bob". Both use Risse shocks, and they are both great to ride. It's really a case of deciding what kind of riding you prefer.
As an aside, I've just returned from collecting a Fat Ti so am itching to give that a spin to see how it compares.

Back