My 1990's Nuke Proof

jbsteven

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not exactly sure what year this is but I'm guessing the frame is a 1992/3/4. Built this up with some retro parts and a few modern ones I like as well. I might change a few small things here or there but for the most part this is the way it will stay.

Attachments

• nuke.jpg
    nuke.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,274
  • nuke1.jpg
    nuke1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,274
  • nuke2.jpg
    nuke2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,274
  • nuke3.jpg
    nuke3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,274
next photos

Attachments

• nuke4.jpg
    nuke4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,273
  • nuke5.jpg
    nuke5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,273
  • nuke6.jpg
    nuke6.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,273
Looking good. Looks like it was made by Litespeed, so I guess the date must be about right.

Cool stem too. The kind of stem that, if you can find one, you really need to buy it a matching bike. :p

mr_ship":1snxc2ln said:
Does it have a serial number anywhere JB?

On bb

23-500

Also a DX stamped on bb. I believe it is the second earliest serial number that I have seen.

My other NP frame doesn't have a serial number. Probably a employee bike and it is the different frame where the seat stays are welded and joined higher on the seat tube.

Martin":cme5gnb4 said:
Nice, only thinh I would have changed is the stem (but thats a nuke Proof I know)

yeah, I know but I had to use it since I had it laying around. I have a couple NP handlebars but the Kooka levers would not slide on them. I might swap a set of NP hubbed wheels on it at some point but I'm diggin' the polished King hubs.

Back