Parkpre Pro 825

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know some are going to be shocked by the semi riser bar :shock:

but this is a build for my 14th year's old boy so it needs some concessions ;)
he is more and more in the "silly age" and does not deserve it :roll:
but better have this nice equipment used rather than left in the parts drawer ;)

Quite a lot of XTR M950/952 ( brakes, crankset, combo, rear derailleur but XT derailleur in front as my top cage does not fit the oval tube near the bottom bracket). And a nice use ti seatpost.

was intended to be built with a blue sid but changed to a white brothers that goes well with the XTR theme ( and did not want to cut long steerer of SID :? )

so GIL blue new stickers have not been put on - wonder what to do next -suggestions welcomed ;)

Tyres will be changed and maybe wheels ( 217 sup cera but on LX black in the front and black trial hub in the back)

parkprepro825.jpg

I hope your son appreciates and understands what he is riding :shock:

Nice forks.

Pickle":htaarmd5 said:
I hope your son appreciates and understands what he is riding :shock:

Nice forks.

not sure about "understanding" that ;)
I did write "silly age" ...... - you don't have one in that bracket ? lucky you :LOL:

but he probably makes the difference with the Sunn 5000 max with XT, he was riding before ( which is already a decent machine)
did build it for a small 30km organized ride in the woods with all the family ( wife and two boys) next week,
2 sunn 5000 max XT, this parkpre and my serotta :cool:

REKIBorter":htaarmd5 said:
:cool: Have you done anything to the frame finish? It looks very clean

no - just took old stickers in bad condition away - and cleaned it well with a special "ungluing and degreasing spray".
The frame finish was in rather good condition.

what would you do about a new sticker - you the Parkpre expert ? ;)

think its a 95 or 96 ? old stickers were purple
it could do with yellow with red border with this fork ?

bduc61":mki6gsro said:
think its a 95 or 96 ? old stickers were purple
it could do with yellow with red border with this fork ?

Yellow with the red border is the right sort but it is up to you what colours you have. Gil_m has the designs on file ;)

in winter guise.
I find these Z max amberwalls and crossmax to suit the bike pretty well !
as well as a 27.0 XTR seatpost
But can't put blue stickers made by gill as they really wouldn't match the fork :cry:

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9181.jpg

Very nice. Hope your son has a good lock now so this one doesn't get stolen too ;)
I'd go with stickers to match the forks too.

Back