ProFlex 750

stu_mcp

Dirt Disciple
Here's my slightly modified ProFlex 750, taken in 1991 I think.
Magura brakes, Manitou 1 forks, Mavic 231 rims on Campy hubs, Suntour XC Pro kit and DX spuds.

It was shortly afterwards borrowed from me by a light fingered lowlife, never to be seen again.

Attachments

• 750proflex.gif
    750proflex.gif
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,610
it was insured...

And here's the replacement I bought with the insurance money - Team Issue Marin, Tange Ultimate tubing (nice nickel plating) and 1st gen XTR kit, catalogue spec at this point apart from the bar-ends.
I sold the frame a few years later to upgrade to a Trek 9900 OCLV and added Pace RC36 forks.

Attachments

• team-issue.gif
    team-issue.gif
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,607
and then the hack bike

Here's my current hack bike - an amalgamation of old bits and pieces I had kicking about in my box of spares fitted to a 1987 Hardrock frame.
The wheels are Spinergy SPOX - carbon hubs and I think fibre-optic cables covered in resin for the spokes. The bars, shifters, rear mech and front brake are from the old Marin above. Even managed to lay my hands on an old Shimano U-brake for this build.
The other parts are shamefuly new or basic, depending what I could find in the workshop duds pile.

This one's for sale if anyone fancies a restoration job or a great set of wheels for a few quid. I'll stick it in the classifieds.

Attachments

• DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,606
Chopper!

The Chopper. Midway through restoration, this a great Mark 2 with a little pitting on the chrome, but otherwise in good nick. The paint is not the original -it got powder coated red as the original paint was too shabby. It'll also be in the classifieds soon - needing to clear some of the old bikes out :cry:

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,603
Back