1992/3 Bianchi grizzly road project

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have just finished building my new toy - a bianchi grizzly from the early 90's.

I have spec'd it as a road going MTB and as such, isn't entirely period correct BUT it works well for what I will be using it for.

the bike is built up from the following....

LX mechs front & rear
LX crankset & chainrings
deore 9spd shifters
new 9spd tiagra cassette & chain
dia compe brake levers
dia compe 747 V-brakes
nokia city runner tyres
shimano hubs front & rear
pace/renthal RC30 bar
it is finished off with a couple of lizard skins bits including lever grips, ATI grips, union pedals & a bianchi saddle.

I am still waiting on a couple of blue ano bottle cages, a pair of toe clips & a few more blue goody's for it to look completely over the top! (qr skewers, chainring & crank bolts, brake bolts & stem)
bianchi1.jpg

bianchi2.jpg

bianchi3.jpg

all being well, I will be getting the decals copied for size & style and reproduced for me then i'll be sending it in for a paint strip & powdercoat at some point through the winter months providing i can find a good colour match, i may even just go single colour with the forks black & the frame a dark grey (failing that it will be a re-spray and laquer in its existing colours)

thanks to the following retrobikers for supplying the parts to me..... mullinino, baj, wynne, elite504, stew-b, cyfa2809, charlieboy28 & skeelsie

Back