Another Kona Hei Hei - build #1p7 #2p9 ++

Re:

Soooooooooooo straight! :) No way will I be able to manage to fit these without scratching that minty finish.... :(

Thanks Roly @ http://www.bicyclist.cc

6997vVRICdf53D41GRJRF4sxPnnctWmoUpGjsGxZtpDPuOM90mcawe2Heccfl5Jw9vezy4wSjjxeJcJByu80T8YGFeGVskTcQiq77vMQNm78YZGwUzPhIhTJRmLlNhHN9WY79udgZA=w2400

Re: Another Kona Hei Hei **pre-build**

Just cover the bars with a couple of layers of masking tape and pry open the stem clamp by turning the bolt through a thin nut against a piece of metal.

ahhh pro-tips... cheers dude!

ectoplasmosis":2ypvn21t said:
Just cover the bars with a couple of layers of masking tape and pry open the stem clamp by turning the bolt through a thin nut against a piece of metal.

Hi,
I bought it from the same guy for my hei hei but the Assault clear model and I want to tell you to be extremely careful when you will fit those grips because due to age in my case one of them cracked. He was very kind and sent me another pair at a good price.
I'm waiting to see what they look like. I decided on assault myself because I didn't want to have yeti inscriptions on Kona :cool:

DACO":2atw0han said:
Hi,
I bought it from the same guy for my hei hei but the Assault clear model and I want to tell you to be extremely careful when you will fit those grips because due to age in my case one of them cracked. He was very kind and sent me another pair at a good price.

:shock: :(

Ahh that's worrying, I love these things! Did you use hairspray to get them on? Were yours nice and supple when you got them?? These feel super soft, so hopefully if I'm gentle......

In general on modern grips I always use motorex brakecleaner. In this case I decide to use a water with little of licquid soap inside, then wait for some days until dry.

DACO":3jk3wpye said:
In general on modern grips I always use motorex brakecleaner. In this case I decide to use a water with little of licquid soap inside, then wait for some days until dry.

thanks!

But I noticed one more thing. Given that I wanted to see the clear titanium effect from the ti handlebar, this was the best way as the water and soap made it really clear. With other licquid you can risk to make matt effect. Be careful and dose little of soap due to drying.

Back