1988 Specialized Rockhopper (Revisited)

Re:

I finally pulled it out of the loft and put some new amber wall tyres on it :) I have the original saddle still but it's safely stored in a bag, in a box, in the loft.

Awesome! The fact that you got it in Hull and it was an '88 caught my eye, as I probably was there "with" you looking at the same bike, but ended up going with an 88' Fisher Hoo-Koo-e-Koo......
However, I realized you were in the U.K. Hull, not the Hull, Quebec, Canada! Ha ha ha. Oh well. Thanks owed anyhow as you got me to join and make a first post. Nice to see these old rides living on. Hoping for a stock HKEK some day.....but I'd still swap out the stock stem for a Tioga T-Bone, as I did back then!

Re: Re:

Trebz":37izdc07 said:
I finally pulled it out of the loft and put some new amber wall tyres on it :) I have the original saddle still but it's safely stored in a bag, in a box, in the loft.

The Rockhopper is in lovely a condition for its age, i'm just about to rebuild my other Rockhopper Comp i got out of the loft any ideas on what the equivalent Suntour groupset would've been to the Deore from 1988?

I can't help you there Spanks, Fluffychicken would be my 'Go To' guy for things like that. Or Google.

I do know I bought a replacement chain set for the old Rockhopper, it was Suntour XC9000, if that helps.

Hey Trebz,
Just joined this yellow '88 rockhopper club (in gate size), so will dipping back here to study your pics.

You wouldn't know if its a 26.4 post? Sheldon's database suggest it is. Bikes complete bar post and saddle. Got a modern turbo to go on.

Back