1988 Fisher Hoo Koo e Koo (red/white/green)

Fiesta

Retro Newbie
This is a 16" frame with all original components. Have original docs: shipping invoice from Fisher, Fisher MountainBikes Owner's Manual II, and service instruction leaflets for Shimano Deore derailleurs & shifting lever.

The frame has both decals--Made in Mexico and Made in USA. The frame colors are the Mexican flag and not in the Fisher catalog for Hoo Koo e Koo. I have not seen one in this color. I have more pics and component specs but at this point curious about the frame/colors. Thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_3824-sm.JPG
    100_3824-sm.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 568
  • 100-3821-sm.JPG
    100-3821-sm.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 566
Re: Mexican Hoo-Koo-E-Koo

This was a limited run from Fisher that was manufactured in Mexico. The shop I worked at was able to get one and I bought it two days later. To this day, one of my favorite mountain bikes I have owned. I added zero rise bars chopped down to 18"; that thing was crazy nimble. Being in a bike shop meant new bikes all the time, and unfortunately this one got sold to make room for more. The bike was built to all the normal specs for a Hoo-Koo-E-Koo, with the 'Mexican flag' paint job being the obvious variant. If I remember correctly, it didn't make the catalog because it was a late edition, and a trial run for the manufacturer in Mexico. I took some heat from my riding buddies because of the garish color scheme for that time and the "Mexico" label. Kind of contrasted with our "France", "Italy", and "Chicago" (Schwinn Paramount) "Made in" stickers. That's the bike that took me to college; oh the stories it could tell! Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one again someday.

This was a limited run from Fisher that was manufactured in Mexico. The shop I worked at was able to get one and I bought it two days later. To this day, one of my favorite mountain bikes I have owned. I added zero rise bars chopped down to 18"; that thing was crazy nimble. Being in a bike shop meant new bikes all the time, and unfortunately this one got sold to make room for more. The bike was built to all the normal specs for a Hoo-Koo-E-Koo, with the 'Mexican flag' paint job being the obvious variant. If I remember correctly, it didn't make the catalog because it was a late edition, and a trial run for the manufacturer in Mexico. I took some heat from my riding buddies because of the garish color scheme for that time and the "Mexico" label. Kind of contrasted with our "France", "Italy", and "Chicago" (Schwinn Paramount) "Made in" stickers. That's the bike that took me to college; oh the stories it could tell! Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one again someday.
I am looking to sell mine...

I am looking to sell mine...
I worked for Fisher in the late 80s. I remember when and why they made that production run. They only made 300 of them. I have one of those "Mexican addition" Hoo Koo e koo's. Any idea what is is worth?

I worked for Garry Fisher is the late 80s. I actually have one of the Mexico Edition Hoo Koo E Koos. They only made 300 of them. Any idea what it is worth?

Back