chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
DSC00405.jpg

Time - 10.00am for 10.30 start.

Start & Parking - Meet in Sherwood Pines car park which is shown on the map below. (Post code for car park is NG21 9JL)
Parking is £4 per car so please have change.

Distance - 11-12 miles in the morning then a nice leisurely lunch at the cafe then the same again in the afternoon.

Terrain - Sherwood Pines red route, singletrack!

Difficulty - 3/5 - Nothing too strenuous with a few nice technical sections, perfect for rigid and singlespeed retrobikes.

DSC00409.jpg

Sherwood Pines is a man made trail centre full of fast flowing singletrack through the beautiful pine forest. Facilities are excellent with ample parking, a great cafe, toilets and a bike shop all on site. I planned two loops of the red route which starts and finishes at the cafe area so we can have lunch in between.

Hope to see as many as possible of you there,

Chris.

Remember no helmet no ride!

Confirmed riders

Chrisv40
Fluffychicken
Longun
Jameslee
DanD
Phil
Nic
Twister
Iveto1983
Toomanyframes
captaincosmic
Matthews

ill be bringing some jumble too, and the red kona frame if anyone's interested and wants to do a deal?

Re:

I'll try and get some together,should have a Saracen estay frame for sale if I can bare to part with it

Ask at the cafe & bike shop if there are still any problems with dick-heads laying blocks of wood with nails in them
and covering them over with leaves, this has happened numerous times last year with the odd occasion of wire at neck height.

Ian Raleigh":pbyggt7i said:
Ask at the cafe & bike shop if there are still any problems with dick-heads laying blocks of wood with nails in them
and covering them over with leaves, this has happened numerous times last year with the odd occasion of wire at neck height.

On the main made trails or just on nearby off piste trails ?

FluffyChicken":13elkp2k said:
On the main made trails or just on nearby off piste trails ?
It was everywhere mate, I think a walker had a confrontation with a few bikers and this unknown w*anker went around laying blocks of wood with nails stuck through them and wire from tree to tree! just at the right height for the poor biker to get their throat cut, first time the wood block was spotted when a walker was going along a path and his dog jumped in the air yelping like hell, then he saw the block of wood stuck to the poor dog foot, a guy was flirted off his bike has wire hit him in the chest!

As far as I've heard its gone quite with these malicious acts so you guys 'should be ok'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back