Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The Lincolnshire, East and South Yorkshire area group proudly presents -

Buttercrambe

buttercrambe2_zps4a00dd66.jpg

Location - Buttercrambe near Stamford Bridge

Distance - 22 miles (1745 feet of climbing)

Difficulty Rating - 3/5

Post Code - YO41 1AT

Grid Ref - SE 734 576

Time :: 9.30am for a 10.00am start.

Car Parking - Road side in the village

Terrain - Singletrack, double track and quiet country lanes

Refreshments - We will stop for a late lunch/drinks at the Stone Trough Inn in Kirkham Abbey but bring whatever snacks you may need for the remainder of the ride.

buttercrambe_zpsc62f6b5c.jpg

This ones going to be a bit of an adventure as I've not ridden it before and will be navigating with an old school map!

You can be assured of plenty of mud in this area at this time of year so dress accordingly and fit mudguards etc if you want to keep semi dry.

The route itself is mainly on farmland double track, quiet country roads, and some nice sections of singletrack. There is quite a bit of tarmac on the route due to the lack of connecting bridleways in this area.

There are three pubs on the route but I would bring sufficient drink and snacks to see you through the ride as I'm unsure if they are muddy biker friendly.

Hope to see you all there,

Chris.

My birthday weekend this so I'm pretty sure I'll be coming, trails will probably be frozen by then lol

I'm fairly sure I'm committed to doing a favour for someone that day, but if not I'd definitely be up for this - exploration rides are always good.

OS route that will be the guide.

If you know the area, please help out.

Attachments

• RB-Buttercrambe.JPG
    RB-Buttercrambe.JPG
    365.8 KB · Views: 2,260
Re:

I've just arranged a late lunch stop at the Stone Trough Inn in Kirkham Abbey, they seemed surprisingly keen to welcome a bunch of muddy bikers :)

Will it be too muddy to bring my Micro? :) I'm still not sure whether I can make it, but will let you know as soon as I figure out one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back