Return to Doncatraz - Steetly Quarry Loop Aftermath

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

As usual a great day out riding.

The weather turned for the better which made this a nice ride after all, I have to admit after seeing people drop out over the last week I had fears for it all falling through again so a massive thanks to all that attended.

The sun was out, the banter was good and Jez fell off, twice.

Sweet.

No pictures from me as my camera is pants. Spudly took some great ones and even got a little video action in so let's wait for his uploads.

Here's to the next one.

Im just cracking on with my pics now, not many as they were just on my phone, but ive got a couple of good screenshots from the vids, just sending them to my bucket now!

Good ride despite it being shorter than the first one, plenty of mud and thorns, i got home to find five bloody thorns in my tyres, so check your tyres everyone, mine were still up but i spotted the thorns, and found a few little ones once id stripped the tubes out to change!

It was shorter I'll admit but only due to people mentioning that the last one was too long hehe.

Can't keep 'em all happy now can we :)

I'm looking forward to the pictures, I had a good look at the ones you posted on Facebook and they look good.

I was genuinely gutted we didnt go to that wildlife centre cafe, those pork stuffing and gravy sarnies were the best evaaar!!!

The ones on fb are poo quality too as fb steals the quality and scales it down so theyll look a bit poor quality/blurry compared to the originals lol

Are you doing the temple newsam next saturday Rich?

I was planning to ride the Goathland route with Matthew as I missed the last ride. I'll be playing it by ear though.

Right finally, piccies!!!!

Playing about with screenshots from the vids i got...

Matthews

James hoying himself down the quarry..

Peeps chilling whilst the youngsters play..

Jez aka superman..

Luke doing his "look mummy, im a mountain biker" pose..

James doing his "look mummy im cooler than a penguins nutsack" pose..

"So yea, i asked him for a reacharound and he said yes" Trebz enthralls Baz with his pulling technique...

Scenery....

Jez after an 'off' quite a nasty faceplant actually, i thought he had seriously hurt himself..

Bikeses...

And riders...

Re:

Hi guys,

Good to get out with you all today, had a nice ride with some good company. Really enjoyed it and had a giggle on the way as usual.

looking forward to the next one, will there be another one later in year trebz ???

Bazza

Re:

I just wish id taken my proper camera tbf rich, and yes lets do the full route next time, complete with the café stopoff pretty please!

Back