12:12 TORQ in your sleep (run up not going to plan)

TimmyMTB

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
At the end of May I decided to enter my first ever mountain bike event. I thought 10 weeks or so training and I should be at a half decent level of fitness to take part.
Right now I am convinced I am simply not supposed to do this race, having said that there is no way I am going to drop out!
First off 3 weeks ago my bike on which I was planning to race was stolen leaving me without a bike. I did however find my way onto this site and back on track for the race with a proposed build as well as a temporary bike to keep me riding.
Then, just over week ago I decided it might be fun to give myself a huge gash on top of my thumb keeping me off the bike unable to change gear or grip with my right hand.
Today I got the stitches out and all seems to be going well with the healing, my thumb does seem to have forgotten how to grip and I cant bend it too far otherwise the cut will come open again. I should be able to get 3 good weeks of hard riding in.
Cue the next problem!
I will now be going to the race by myself to ride solo with no pit crew, my partner now cant make it and I know non of my 'friends' will be able to make it. This I can deal with but what I really need is advice on how to best tackle the race on my lonesome.
Anyone else attending this event, would be cool to pitch together and have a retro corner of the site ;)

Yours determinedly,

Tim

I'll be there on my skanky modern bike unless it is raining in which case I'll be on the 1995 DBR Axis which I don't mind getting muddy! I'll blend into the crowd on the modern, but I'll stick out with my Diamond Back jersey and massive RetroBIKE sticker on the Axis. Give me a a shout when I go past ;)

SP

That was a long, wet race! Dropped to 32nd in the rain but clawed it back through the night to get 17th in the pairs. :)

How did you get on?

SP

Latest posts

Back