SOLD - 60, 70, 80's (??) Phillips Phaser bike

brucers

Retro Guru
SOLD - Been stood a while so not rideable more of a project. The main issue is rust....on the wheels, cog and chain (prob needs a new one). One cable is seized (rust again), one tyre flat (may be able to sort). Mechanically is seems sound and, wheels are straight and frame looks fine (apart from the usual scratches/marks), seatpost free but has a daft looking seat! £25. Collection from Scunthorpe.

Attachments

• PhillipsFramesPaul1Paul2 001.jpg
    PhillipsFramesPaul1Paul2 001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,201
Re: Re:

No idea what BITD or GLWS means but appreciate your input.....assumed 60's as they were taken over by Raleight during that period and the chap who I got it off said his dad has had it since the 60's.

On a different note, Ken Livinstone did a book entitled 'If voting changed anything they'd abolish it. I wonder if Ken ever read Mark Twain.

Adruzzz":38yeldrw said:
These were made in the 80's, my Sister had a new one BITD :D

GLWTS

Re:

brucers":1ya9yywe said:
No idea what BITD or GLWS means but appreciate your input.....assumed 60's as they were taken over by Raleight during that period and the chap who I got it off said his dad has had it since the 60's.

It's definitely 80's, like I say it's just like the one my Sister had brand new around 1985, there's a thread here that might help you ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146718

GLWS - Good Luck With Sale :D

brucers":1ya9yywe said:
On a different note, Ken Livinstone did a book entitled 'If voting changed anything they'd abolish it. I wonder if Ken ever read Mark Twain.

Sounds like it :LOL:

Re:

You don't see many of these! :eek:

I received one of these as an early 15th birthday present in early December 1984; about a week later (still about a fortnight before my birthday!), I wrote it off in a collision with a car in Sandiacre.
Weren't these also available as 10-speed?

Back