Sold: Raleigh M-trax titanium/steel bike 54cm - £250

Mikes_Bike

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
This is a beauty to ride. Unfortunately space is a premium and the introduction of a mountain bike means the shed is full, and the spare room will be occupied in about 6 months from now...

The frame is a special projects Raleigh (Ti-8000R) which has titanium top and down tubes and a cro-moly rear triangle, giving a superbly comfortable ride that's not too whippy, and feels light climbing.

I did have more modern bits on initially, but thought it deserved a retro vibe, so decked it out with Campagnolo 8-speed Athena shifters albeit with a Centaur 53/39T Ultra-torque chainset (172.5mm crank arms), which works beautifully with an 8-speed chain. I built the Ambrosio Excursion rims up to a set of Mavic hubs, which are some of the smoothest I've come across. It's shod with a used set of Conti 4-seasons, which will probably last another couple thousand miles. It has a Sunrace 13-25T 7-speed freewheel and the rear derailleur has been limited to only shift with 7-speed, and since the spacing is the same as 8-speed, shifts crisply across the block. The rims, KMC chain and freewheel are new and only ridden around the neighbourhood to test performance.

Some nice touches are the Rolls titanium saddle, Campagnolo aero seatpost, 3TTT Formula bars and original Shimano RSX brake calipers with SwissStop green pads with plenty of rubber remaining. I've also fitted full-length mud-guards (the bike has mud-guard eyelets), and the Ultra-torque bottom bracket is brand new.

The bike's measurements are 54cm top tube and 53cm seat tube with a 79cm stand-over height. The stem is 105mm long and bars are 42cm wide

Looking for £310 delivered or £300 -> now £250 collected from near Nottingham.

Flickr album with loads of photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskz9pNuJ

28000439855_44dc6c3b45_b.jpg

Back