Taken off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghs4th1987

Old School Hero
Nicely built frame which has been refinished at some stage, 7 speed 105 , 600 chainset, Brooks saddle and 3t bars and stem. Having spoken to an Ex Allin employee his advise was that if the brazing and lugwork was neat then it could well be a Cliff Shrubb. The paint is quite thick and solid but if there is specific interest then i can remove the paint in the rear drop out. There is a very slight dent on the top tube, nothing to be concerned about, it was not disclosed when I bought this and I must say it doesnt show up in an obvious way.
If anyone recognises the characteristics of this, fork crown etc please let us know.

Ok i have realised its not worth posting this bike for sale here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1,297
Re: Steel road bike, believed Allin, or Butler perhaps a Shrubb.

The lugs and drop outs, any hint of its origins? The brake bridge is like one on my Cliff Shrubb low profile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,196

Looks like a generic 80's frame built for spraying / decals / resale by a bike shop.?

Shaun

Yes it could be, I googled various off the peg makers and couldnt find anything quite the same. I think i will strip the lh rear drop out as that is where Allin stamped their frames. It rides really well and feels fast. My other Allins have the wrap over seat stays joining infront of the seat pin lug.

This rather hansome bike could be ridden away for 250 pounds. The bar tape is Brooks leather. The saddle is lovely, the 600 tricolore chainset is a very good one, pedals, clips and straps.. New cables, Stronglight headset, shimano index 600 gear levers, 600 brake levers, golden arrow calipers. Sr Laprade seat pin.

Rides very nicely.

Re:

Not saying it isn't nice but it is not an Allin (not built by Peter Cobb). It could be a Cliff Shrubb but I think it's a trade frame - bought in - and had Allin decals applied at some point for whatever reason.

Fork looks to be wrong for the frame?

Jon.

I think you are probably right, although the forks are the wrong colour, someone has painted the forks to match the decals. My other proper Allins have frame numbers on the fork steerer, this has none.
It is still v nice and i may put it on Ebay later.

Cliff used to hollow out the ends of stays and fork blades where they joined the ends. Raleigh's Special Building also used the same treatment. Cliff said that he had never been there.

Roger.

Roger, how do the hollowed out ends look? Like mine above, as it is the same as my low profle. My other Allin has domed stays where they connect with the drop out. Do you have any Cliff Shrubb frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back