Dave Yates 1970's bike, immaculate condition and hardly used

iain65

Retro Newbie
Hi, for sale is my mother's bike. The frame was made to order in the late seventies but was only used for about two years completing less than 500 miles. The frame is immaculate and has remained unused since about 1981, the components are all in good working condition.
If anyone is after a retro bike in show room condition this has to be the one! The spec of the bike is as follows:

Dave Yates 22.5 inch Reynolds 531 frame and fork, Campagnolo dropouts.
Campagnolo headset
Campagnolo shifters
Campagnolo front mech
Campagnolo BB.
Shimano 600 rear mech
Omega chainset (could be changed for Campagnolo grand sport of same vintage), Royce inner ring (Ithink this came from one of my bikes...)
Dia compe brakes
3ttt seat post
Cinelli bars and stem
Selle Italia Turbo saddle
Maillard hubs with alloy 27x1.25 rims (rear wheel could do with a re-tension)
Tyres are new

Pictures are attached below but please mail me with any questions, the bike can be viewed in Shipston on Stour, South Warwickshire.

£550 ono.

Thanks, Iain (iainwight at aol dot com)

Thats a really beautiful Dave Yates.
Too big for me unfortunately, shame to see it leave the family I'm sure.
Best of luck with the sale :)

Jamie

That's a beauty.
Dave Yates didn't start building frames for M.Steel until 1980 though - from the frame number, I'd say this dates from '82ish.

Hi Dirt Disciple, the late seventies was a slight guess on my part as my father passed away in 82, I am fairly sure they had two years of use from the bike before he was too ill to ride, hence the 1979 guess - could be 1980 though but definitely not 1982 I think. Could be wrong though as I was 17 at the time.....

Latest posts

Back