2014 Genesis Equilibrium Disc - NOW £675!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have barely ridden this preferring to ride my old commuters or an MTB at the weekends so I am getting rid to build something else. Bike was bought in November last year, I have probably put @ 500km on it.

Bike is a 50cm which is the smallest they do, I am 5' 7" and ride a 52cm in Trek/most Specializeds, horizontal TT on this is 53cm.

Bumpf and spec from the website and geometry chart: http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/roa ... brium-disc

Build is nicely upgraded from stock (see link above) with the addition of:
Continental Grand Prix 4 Season 28c (£100)
Ritchey Superlogic headset (£100)
Bontrager RL IsoZone bar 40cm (£40)
Fizik bar tape (£15)
Specialized Avatar saddle (£25) (143) - this is brand new as I am keeping the Phenom that I used on there
Shimano Ultegra BB (£20)
Shimano 105 chainset (£90) (170 arms)
Titanium wheel QRs, very light (£30, brand new)
No pedals (but can stick something on to get you home obviously)

There a few small marks on the fork, and a couple of wee nicks on the frame but fundamentally it is in really great condition, properly cleaned and maintained, wheels spin smoothly and are true, brakes work really well for cable discs, chain does not show any wear (well, clearly less than .5 on a Park tool), tyres still have many more miles in them. The seat post finish is poor and has not held up well to be put up and down (I had to wet and dry a sharp edge of internal frame which sorted it), the stem decals are coming away too, the headset has been stealthed* with a sharpie and needs topping up/cleaning.

The bike takes mudguards, you could get a 30c tyre in there too if you wished, the ride is very forgiving as you would expect from a decent Reynolds steel frame and fork, the isozone bar adds a little more comfort too, it is no lightweight but would make an awesome year round commuter or, gravel bike (yeah yeah).

IMAGE_CC6B9883-8E07-40FF-9C16-E405FF32668D.JPG

IMAGE_70ABD480-C01D-4557-AE6D-A6B7FFC659A2.JPG

IMAGE_011CC91B-08F7-4622-B94D-122F75C64F6D.JPG

Plenty more pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1075185774 ... 4_wj6SbWA#

Looking for £675 - can ship but bike is in Central/SW London

Re: 2014 Genesis Equilibrium Disc - £750

Think I might have over-valued this at £900 - hence price now dropped to £750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back